Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beth's Blanket

Over the summer, I had the honor of meeting a special friend named Beth who happens to be going through a few different health problems. I know that most people probably expect me to get in what kind, how long and all of that good stuff but since I like to honors people's privacy...all you get to know is that Beth is an amazing person and despite everything she has gone through she has a very clear understanding of what I go through on a daily basis or at least we can share a lot of it. Its because of this that I wanted to do something special for her and so I have decided to make her a blanket to cuddle with on her hospital stays. I think that its very important to have something both comforting and colorful with you while recovering from anything because it helps boost the spirits and keep the moods semi cheerful for people around you as well.


So this is Beth's Blanket. I have been working on it around everything in my life in the last month, trying to get it done for her only to find out that she also shares a birthday week with me. So what a better time to finish it. lol.
Now normally I would love to take all the credit for this but there is one special purple flower that was added to this blanket in the last week, that wasnt my own doing. Unfortunately my neice ended up sick earlier this week and needed to spend the morning with me while my sister was at work, and decided that learning to crochet was important to her. Since she is only 4 and I had been working on this blanket for so long I though that maybe if I distracted her she would forget but honestly she seemed to pick it up really quickly and definately wasnt going to give up on the flower that I told her she could add. She actually carried that purple flower around until it was time to add it to the right spot and when the time came it added a Gabby Size love to the blanket. She did such a good job and we had such an amazing day that we almost hated to part ways just like I always do with my sisters kids. But with Gabbys Help I was able to finish Beth's blanket because she was determind to get that flower in place. lol. Now I know that if I need someone to keep me going on my projects to go crochet with her. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment