Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back Home and Back To Work...

Well our vacation is over and things went great. It was a lot of fun and the few problems we did have we know what to do to solve them next year when we go down. What we do know is that Alex and Katie can make any trip more awesome x 100. lol.
Zach and I finished our costumes for the convention which was from the movie Coraline. There were a few people who got it but since we really didn't know to much about anima; we just dressed up like people from one of our favorite movies. We were going to do the Nightmare before Christmas but we didn't have enough time to sew everything with both of us working and zachs lack of sewing anything but leather abilities. lol. We did however find a very convincing Jack while we were there.
There was also a formal event Saturday night that Katie, Alex, Zach and I went to; So yes folks...I finished my dress. :0)  What do you think? Not to bad for being the first formal...no the first dress in general that I have made. Although I think I could have taken it in a little more to make it not look so big and I don't think that I would have added the black panel to the bottom but it still looked nice. We really didn't stay too long at the formal because Katie didn't feel good but it was still fun and we got some professional pictures taken while we were there.  

After a weekend in the water park pretty much, Sunday came to fast. Sunday Zach and I ventured our way out to the petting Zoo that was attached to the hotel and were able to feed the parakeets and get really close to the Giraffe that was there. We were going to go back to the water park but instead decided to venture out the rest of the way to Toledo to visit the one and only Puppet Family. The Herdsmen Puppet Group was set up at a local community festival in Toledo so Zach and I were able to experience the festivities with them. After that it was home for dinner and visiting. We also highlighted Shannon's hair. lol. Then monday; the Ellis family and of course Eli...took Zach and I to the Toledo Zoo. It was hot but worth it. Their zoo is about 4 Erie zoos put together and of course Eli made a great impression. It wasn't too long after we left the zoo that I had some teaching of my own to do and sat down and taught Shannon how to make Jim and Eli's favorite cookies. THIN MINTS. lol. We had some trial and error moments with that as well but in the end it all worked out.
Parting was such sweet sorrow around 11pm so that Zach and I could make the drive back to Erie and get up for reality again yesterday with us both returning to work. Although I had a fun vacation I was eager to return to work and show my residents all the pictures from this weekend and they were happy I was home. I am hoping to return to Toledo again in a few weeks but until then...its work, laundry and cleaning. This vacation prep work turned my room into a huge mess!
With that I am off to clean a little more before work. Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment