Saturday, February 26, 2011

101 yarn creations and more...

My New Years resolution this year was to use all the craft stuff in my house before buying new supplies other than what was needed for the 6 major projects I had on my dry erase board. Everything else I created had to either come from stuff I had in my room or mostly stuff I had in my room. I have been wondering what to do with my entire tote of yarn up until this past week. Thanks to some of the other craft blogs I follow; I have found some amazing ideas to put this random yarn to use for and that is not just to make a million little hearts. (Although those small hearts where turned into a flower which now sits in a residents room at work.) This past week I was introduced to a Blog called Heidi Bears which had This tutorial for an African Flower Hexagon Patch. So since I haven't been feeling well and I couldn't sleep......
This is what happens. This is the first Hexagon that I have made which was followed by 2 more using embroidery floss and now I am using random yarn left from a blanket my mom started for my sister which I had to finish. (I will post more from that at a later date.) Right now I am in a Hexagon fix but I know that I have to get out of it so I can finish working on Sara's Baby Shower gifts, but the funny thing is....between the lack of sleep and the mix of new meds the Doctor put me on yesterday; last night i figured out how to make a crafty design using the Hexagons to make a blanket that will fit to Sara's theme and is much brighter than what I was going to make. I had a blanket in mind for Sara's little Angel but being as this is such a miracle child I want something with brighter colors to welcome this spring joy into the world. So that just means i have to use the fabric for other crafts for Sara...aka more stuff. lol. The Hexagons have also given me a bunch more ideas to create with some of the yarn as well and should make for an interesting crafting summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment