Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crazy Updates

There are actually a great deal of updates since I last posted.. I have been really sick and so has Riah. Riah ended up with Appendicitis and had her Appendix removed earlier this week and it currently at home resting and cracking funny joke so that is great news. I however had a huge run in with my GVHD and between the damage it was causing to my leg and the damage it was causing my kidney; Meg had to remove my leg after all. At first I thought it was going to be the worst thing in the world but, I have felt all the benefits to it being gone just since it was removed. I never realized how much infection my leg held and although it is going to be a life changing experience for sure, I am already making good progress according to Meg. I suppose it helped that when they first replaces my femur with a rod; I had to get used to doing things without putting pressure on my leg; not that I want to say it but I think today it was easier trying to get into the chair and bathroom without having the leg to fumble over and I was able to do more by myself than when I first had the rod put in. I have no doubts that this is going to be a hard rehab especially learning to walk with a prosthetic but I have decided that i am up for the challenge. I am not sure what God has planned for me in all of this but I know He is working in my life is many ways and so I am just taking it one day at a time. 
Before I ended up here however....I did have a few good moments around being sick where I put together some Halloween costumes for my friends Daughters. She had the shoes for Dorothy but wanted to have a costume for her daughter to wear over her coat and this is what I came up with. 

The 2nd Costume is suppose to be the Good Witch of the East. Amanda wanted to keep both girls in the Wizard of Oz theme so this is what I also came up with. In the end I'm glad that we chose the good witch instead of the Scarecrow. 


I also have been crocheting a lot and made some Halloween headbands for some of the nurses I used to work with, but I didn't get the chance to take pictures of those. I am however working on 3 blankets at this moment so I will be able to post pics of those as I work on them more. 
Otherwise not much else is going on, resting and waiting to get into rehab motion. I know I will be here into January for rehab and recovery for my kidney and so they can watch my GVHD until everything heals. I will keep everyone posted though! 
Until then...Keep Smiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment